Berries, fresh basil and tequila… you’ll love this spritzy drink!
If you’re looking for a refreshing, spritzy and lightly sweetened margarita… you’ve come to the right spot. I made this delicious bevvy on my Instagram and it has been a very popular video — probably because margaritas are hard to resist!
You can watch the step-by-step video here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cd04oMVD0_0/
I love the mix of strawberries and blackberries in this recipe to create a slightly more puckered up flavor. Muddling the two together also creates a gorgeous coloring for the cocktail!
Look for bright red strawberries for the best flavor, and discard any mushy parts. Not a blackberry fan? You could absolutely substitute with raspberries. Just think sweet and slightly tart is what you’re going for!
I love the addition of herbs in cocktails — I think they enhance and elevate your drink SO easily. The basil just adds a freshness that perfectly contrasts the sweet berries.
I’m a loyal Topo Chico mineral water fan but if you cannot easily find it near you, use a La Croix or Waterloo sparkling water instead!
I like the mix of a silver tequila with a darker orange liquor like Grand Marnier for this drink, but you can use a reposado or anejo tequila for a richer flavor! Cointreau is another good tasting orange liquor — I would stay away from Triple Sec though!
Cheers! Hope you enjoy!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Berry Basil Margarita
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 oz. your favorite tequila
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier can sub Cointreau
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 strawberries sliced
- 3-4 blackberries
- 3 fresh basil leaves torn
- Topo Chico or sparkling mineral water
- seasoning salt for rim
- start by rimming a cocktail glass with a lime wedge, then on a plate add seasoning salt. dip rim of glass into salt, then add ice to your glass.
- in a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients for the marg including more ice. shake vigorously for 30 seconds or more. strain into cocktail glass then top with sparkling water!