Rainbow Chinese Chicken Salad
Juicy, soy-flavored chicken sitting on top of a bed of rainbow-colored veggies!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- garlic powder
- salt + pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup pre-shredded carrots
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, crushed
- chopped cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- 4 tbs. liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
Start by seasoning chicken breasts on both sides with garlic powder, salt + pepper. heat 2 tbs. olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. when warm, add chicken “pretty side” down first. after 6 minutes, flip over and cook for another 6. if breasts are thicker, sear the sides of them on the sides of the pan to help cook. let sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing for salad.
Meanwhile, chop veggies for salad and place into large bowl, reserving sliced avocado. toss together with peanuts and cilantro (if using), then place avocado slices and lime wedges on top. top salad with sliced chicken.
In small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing, adding spice with more sriracha if needed. pour over salad when ready to serve! dressed salad will keep in refrigerator for up to two days.