Red Curry Stir Fry with Ground Chicken
Prep your tastebuds for a big bowl of juicy ground chicken, bell peppers and snap peas drenched in a coconutty, aromatic curry sauce you'll want to drink!
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1 lb. ground chicken , preferably thigh (lean not extra lean)
- 2 tbs. canola or vegetable oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. ginger paste, or 2 inch piece, peeled and minced
- 3 tbs. red curry paste, I use Thai Kitchen
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 small bag snap peas , about 1½ cups
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- chopped fresh basil
- salt + pepper
- 2 cups riced cauliflower , steamed or sautéed
Start by heating 2 tbs. canola oil in a wok, dutch oven or deep sauté pan over medium high heat. When hot, add ground chicken and season with salt and pepper. Brown for 2-3 minutes, breaking up with wooden spoon to smaller pieces.
Add diced onions and continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 6 minutes total. Then add in minced garlic, ginger paste and red curry paste, stirring to combine. Cook for 2 minutes before adding in coconut milk.
Bring sauce to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste sauce and season with more salt + pepper as needed.
After sauce has simmered for 10 minutes, add bell peppers and snap peas and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften. Serve curry in bowls topped with chopped basil on its own or over rice!