Fresh Summer Chopped Salad
This salad, comprised of cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet corn, avocado, jalapeño, garbanzo beans, couscous and feta, is refreshing, simple and filling!
SERVING SIZE: 4
- 1 pint cherry tomates, halved
- 1 medium english cucumber, peeled and diced finely
- 1 15-oz. can organic sweet corn, drained and rinsed, also called white corn
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans , drained and rinsed, also called chickpeas
- ½ red onion, diced finely
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed + minced
- 2-3 tbs. feta crumbles
- ½ cup precooked couscous or quinoa, optional
- 2 tbs. fresh basil leaf ribbons
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbs. good olive oil
- kosher salt + pepper
Start by placing sliced cherry tomatoes in your big salad serving bowl. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper and let sit while you chop other veggies.
Chop all veggies and start to layer on top of tomatoes (except for the avocado) without stirring.
Add in couscous or quinoa if using, feta crumbles, lemon juice (watch for seeds!) and olive oil. Season with 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Toss salad gently, then add in diced avocado and toss very gently once more. Taste for seasoning and serve cold or at room temperature!