Cajun Cauliflower "Dirty" Rice
Sausage, peppers and cajun spices like paprika and chili flakes flavor low carb cauliflower rice in this one pot, 20 minute dish!
SERVING SIZE: 3 to 4
- 1 lb. uncooked pork sausage, casings removed
- ½ yellow or white onion, diced finely
- 1 green bell pepper, diced finely
- 3 stalks celery, diced finely
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes or Rotel
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
- 3 cups cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- chopped green onions, for serving
In a dutch oven or deep-sided skillet, warm 2 tsp. olive oil. Add in pork sausage, breaking up with wooden spoon and cook until almost no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes.
Add in diced onion, bell pepper and celery with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
Add in can of tomatoes, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning and cauliflower rice. Mix well and cover to cook through, about 5 minutes.
Taste for seasoning, adjusting if needed. Serve hot and top with sliced green onions!