Start looking forward to your Mondays! My fave way to hit the reset button after a weekend of splurging is this warm and crunchy detox salad.
Quinoa, mixed greens, fruits and veggies are combined with a simple vinaigrette to create a satisfying meal that only tastes complex – and trust, your bellies will thank you in more ways than one!
As creatures of habit, Ty and I got in the groove of making this salad as a hearty (but meatless) Monday night meal probably over a year ago. Yes, it is seriously THAT good that we crave it every single week! It’s just one of those heartwarming meals that tastes as good as it makes you feel – full and nutritious and ready to tackle the week ahead!
Clean, refreshing and heartwarming, try out my Quinoa Detox Chopped Salad whether it’s Monday, Wednesday or Sunday – you won’t be disappointed!
QUINOA DETOX CHOPPED SALAD
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (easy recipe below)
- 2 large handfuls mixed greens, about 2 cups, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, in segments
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe below!)
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well (using fine mesh sieve)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock (can subst. vegetable stock)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. olive oil
apple cider viniagrette
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Wesson Best Blend oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
to cook quinoa: In a medium saucepan with lid, heat 1 tbs. olive oil over medium low heat. Add in diced onion and minced garlic and cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent. Add in rinsed quinoa and chicken broth; stir to combine. Lower heat to simmer, cover with lid, and set timer for 20 minutes. Once all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, remove from heat.
for dressing: combine all ingredients in bowl or salad dressing shaker and whisk or shake to combine.
for salad: add all chopped fruits and vegetables to a large salad bowl, adding chopped lettuce last. Add cooked quinoa to salad on top of lettuce. Toss salad with about 1/4 cup of dressing or to taste. Top with chopped walnuts if using, and enjoy!