Salsa and ranch dressing flavored chicken enchiladas smothered in cheese and topped with Rotel!
Ranch enchiladas, as in slightly creamy, Ranch dressing and chunky salsa flavored enchiladas, are going to be in your family’s rotation WITHOUT a doubt. I’m not saying that to sound cocky… but these are the shiiiiiiiiiiiiz.
Now I understand the word “creamy” incites various reactions, so let’s start off by calling these enchiladas chunky and cheesy! Everyone (or at least anyone I want to be friends with) likes the taste of ranch dressing, so image adding in those delicious seasonings into a shredded chicken and cheese enchilada topped with lots of freshness thanks to Rotel (a Texas staple!), crumbled cotija cheese and fresh cilantro.
These are knockouts, really. Since they do have a little creaminess to them thanks to the greek yogurt, I love pairing them with a slightly spicier salsa packed with lots of chunky tomatoes, onions and peppers like Pace.
I hope you love every bite of these Ranch Enchiladas!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts shredded
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 packet gluten free taco seasoning like Siete
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilis
- ½ cup shredded Medican blend cheese
- 8 gluten free tortillas
- 1 cup 2% greek yogurt
- 1 cup chunky salsa like Pace
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- ½ can mild or medium Rotel tomatoes and green chilis
- crumbled cotija cheese and fresh cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat then when hot, add 1 tbsp. oil. After one minute, add diced onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add in shredded chicken, taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Turn heat to simmer.
- In a bowl, combine greek yogurt, chunky salsa and ranch seasoning.
- Spray a 9×12 baking dish with cooking spray, then spread a thin layer of the ranch salsa mixture into the dish.
- *If using Siete tortillas, follow heating instructions before rolling.* To roll enchiladas, place tortilla down and scoop in 2/3 cup of simmered chicken. Top with 1 tsp. diced green chilis and 1 tbsp. shredded cheese. Roll and place into dish seam-side down.
- Repeat until all enchiladas are rolled. Top all tortillas with remaining salsa ranch mixture and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden. Top with Rotel, cotija cheese crumbles and fresh cilantro before plating!