Elotes made easy!
Um, I love dip. I kinda think a meal isn’t really a reaaaaaal meal unless you have an app first (and hey, dessert last is fine by mine… just sayin’) and I think dips make for a grand ole start to a real deal meal. I came across this recipe for Mexican Street Corn on Pinterest, where else, and I thought to myself yep, this has definitely dip potential. I used Greek yogurt to make this mix of grilled corn, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and jalapeño. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 0 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Makes roughly 2 cups of dip
- 2 stalks of corn, white or yellow (I prefer white), husked
- 5 oz. Cotija cheese (I found mine near the ricotta and cream cheese, but ask!)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (about 1/4 cup), chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (can remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 6-oz. container Greek yogurt
- Grill corn: Heat a grill pan or an outdoor grill to medium heat and cover heavily in cooking spray. Rub the husked corn stalks lightly in vegetable oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Set the corn on the grill and let cook until char marks start to appear on the corn, about 2-3 mins each side. Rotate to create char marks on all sides; set aside to cool. You can also sauté corn in a pan if you don’t have a grill!
- Combine dip ingredients: In a medium bowl, crumble the Cotija into small chunks. Add in the chopped cilantro, jalapeño, and garlic clove. Once your corn has cooled, take a knife and by holding the stem, slice off the kernels into the mix as well (continue with other stalk as well). Last, mix in the Greek yogurt.
- Season + serve: Mix altogether and taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve room temperature with tortilla chips!
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, let me know what you think + be sure to tag any pictures with #TheSavvySpoon on Instagram!