This salsa will bring all the boys to the yard. Or at least your coworkers.
I like to bring my work coworkers leftovers (aka “lefties” if you work at Match.com) of my recipes to assess and hopefully enjoy.
This past week when I brought a container of this salsa for the girls to try, I was a little weary as this crowd is die-hard for Tex-Mex. But when they gave the chips a little dip in the flavor pool, with a gleam in their eyes they decided it tasted like OTB… On The Border, only the most highly acclaimed Mexican restaurant this side of the office building.
It was then I teared up. Haha just kidding but really, this salsa is like, totally On The Border and Off The Hook. 🙂 Throw everything in the food processor or blender and you’re good-to-go!
“Restaurant Style” Salsa
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes + chilis I used "medium" heat
- ½ onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar omit for Whole30
- Toss all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pulse until desired thickness ("Restaurant Style" is very smooth with little to no chunks!)
- Taste and add more salt if necessary, depending on the saltiness of your tortilla chips.