Nachos but make it low carb amiright?
I took a poll on my Instagram stories and asked what type of recipes y’all wanted to see this week – “low carb” and “time saving” both won by a long shot! This recipe ticks both boxes ✅!
I originally intended on making Italian stuffed bell peppers, but then without thinking I started slicing up my peppers #blondemoment 🤪😳 I still wanted to make something I could roast instead of standing over the stovetop (because ehm, Bachelor) badaboom badabing the nachos came to be!
Well guys, the last minute not what I planned nachos ended up being amazing! Rich in flavor from the Italian sausage, ooey gooey from the mozzarella with the perfect crunch from the peppers. Hope you enjoy!
Italian Red Pepper Nachos
- 3 red bell peppers seeds removed
- 2 Italian sausage links casing removed (uncooked)
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 ball mozzarella thinly sliced
- chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut your bell peppers into wedges (about 6-8 per pepper). On a sheet pan lined with foil and greased lightly, spread out peppers evenly.
- In a skillet, add Italian sausage and use a wooden spoon to break up into crumbles. Cook until no longer pink, then top peppers evenly with cooked sausage. Top with diced tomatoes and spread evenly between the peppers.
- Top sausage-filled bell pepper wedges with mozzarella slices and place into oven for 15-20 minutes. Turn heat up to 500 degrees or your highest setting to broil the cheese – keep watch! Should only take 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and topped with basil leaves! Enjoy warm.