If you haven’t tried @boursincheese imma bout to rock your world because it. is. unreal. It’s kind of like a herbed goat cheese but less tangy and a little more garlicky without being too overbearing. And it doesn’t realllly melt too much, just softens which actually makes it perfect for stuffing because it won’t melt all over the place and make a mess!
We’ve been making @boursincheese mushrooms for years but this Thanksgiving I thought I’d take them up a notch by adding some sweet Italian sausage for a little more heartiness — these helped to hold us over from 3pm until our 7pm dinner! (What time do you do Thanksgiving?! I always find it so interesting)… hope you love these!
Watch me make Sausage and Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms step-by-step here!
Sausage and Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 Baby Bella Mushrooms wiped clean and stems removes
- ½ round Boursin cheese
- 2 links sweet italian sausage casings removed
- grated parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a cookie sheet place tin foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Line up mushroom caps with space between and set aside.
- In a skillet, lightly spray cooking oil and over medium heat and add sausage removed from casings, breaking up with wooden spoon to crumble. Once no longer pink, add to mixing bowl with Boursin cheese and combine.
- Use a spoon to fill each mushroom cap with sausage + cheese mixture and then top each with grated parm, salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temp!