Spritzy, botanical and fresh from the garden, this gin-based cocktail uses elderflower liquor and fresh sage leaves for the most fragrant sip!
I’m so excited to be partnering up with Gardenuity and sharing a straight from MY garden cocktail recipe: The Elder Sage!
Gardenuity takes the guess work out of gardening with their expertly curated grow kits! the kits are tailored to you – custom ingredients appropriate for the climate you’re in. With garden kits ranging from “taco toppings” to “cocktail herbs” there’s something for everyone!
My Salad Garden kit is currently growing beets (that we’ll use another delish cocktail coming soon!), radishes, parsley, kale, red russian lettuce and sage! They’ve made it so easy to grow (even for someone with as black a thumb as me!) that everything is thriving and fragrant.
Let’s talk about this cocktail: it’s spritzy. It’s light. It’s floral and herby and insanely drinkable! I wanted to make a gin-based cocktail for this recipe because my two favorite gins, Wonderbird and Hendrick’s, both have hints of rose and cucumber which I thought would pair well with ANY fresh herbs.
For my Elder Sage cocktail you’ll need:
- Gin (I prefer Wonderbird or Hendricks)
- Elderflower liquor (also known as St. Germaine)
- grapefruit juice (fresh or minimally concentrated)
- Topo Chico mineral water (twist of grapefruit or classic flavors)
- Fresh sage leaves
I demonstrated how to make the Elder Sage on Instagram Live with Donna, the co-founder of Gardenuity – check out the video here!
I hope you enjoy this “cut to cocktail” botanically infused drink!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
The Elder Sage Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz. Wonderbird or Hendricks gin or similar
- 1 oz. St. Germaine elderflower liquor
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- grapefruit or classic Topo Chico mineral water
- Place ingredients except for the Topo Chico into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour over ice and top with Topo Chico!