Featuring Shelby Betz of The Web Effect!
I’m a new fan of Aperol (I’ve never been to Italy so I’m blaming that!) BUT now that I’ve tasted a spritz I’m here and I’m staying put!!!
One of my besties Shelby of @theweb.effect, a badass, female-owned and operated social media marketing agency, has created the PERFECT summer drink: a Summer Aperol Tequila Spritz! Shelby is a master of creativity (as seen through her work on clients like La Vie Style House and Bungalow Paper and Design) and this fancy cocktail is just one of her works of art.
What is Aperol?
Aperol is a slightly bitter Italian liquor that pairs deliciously with spritzy beverages like club soda or champagne. It’s bright orange color makes it the perfect summery sip, not to mention it is incredibly refreshing!
This particular cocktail is special because of two additional flavors: grapefruit and tequila! Think of this Summer Aperol Tequila Spritz like the zesty baby of your classic Italian Aperol Spritz and a Mexican Paloma. Destination: YUM!
Summer Aperol Tequila Spritz
- cocktail shaker
- 3 oz. blanco or reposado tequila like Casamigos
- 1 oz. Aperol liquor
- 2 oz. grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 bottle Topo Chico mineral water or sparkling wine
- Combine first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice (all except Topo or sparkling wine).
- Prepare cocktail or wine glass with ice, then strain cocktail into glass.
- Top with Topo Chico, sparkling wine or Champagne!