Lemon. Garlic. Spicy. SHRIMP! It’s what’s for dinner.
Tired? Drained? Emotionally, overwhelmingly exhausted like me?!
Yea, it’s been that kind of week. Err month. Um actually year. But that’s okay, because we’re making progress and it takes effort. It’s okay to be tired, we just can’t give up.
You know where to come for the quick fix dinners though!! Right here, at The Savvy and eSpecially Swift Spoon. And we’re making shrimp!
Shrimp, my friends, cooks in LITERALLY FOUR MINUTES. With zero prep. Be sure to buy peeled and deveined shrimp or you’ll be wondering how on earth the shrimp could be ready so easily as you peel each vein out, lol. Sorry that was gross.
I love Shrimp Scampi but it’s usually swimming in butter. Give me the garlic and the spicy bites of red pepper flakes any day, but I wondered to myself if I could make a healthier version!?
Dare I say it, but here she is!
Here’s how you’ll make Garlic Shrimp Diablo:
- Have everything chopped and ready to go before you start cooking shrimp (they’ll be ready in a BLINK).
- Heat 2 tbs. ghee and 1 tbs. butter in a skillet, then place in peeled + deveined shrimp in without overlapping.
- After two minutes, you’ll flip the shrimp then add lemon juice, chicken stock to create a sauce.
- The shrimp will cook in two more minutes!!
TIPS FOR SERVING GARLIC SHRIMP DIABLO:
- Over couscous (as seen below!)
- Over pasta of any kind — the sauce would taste uhhhmazing soaked into noodles!
- With cauliflower or regular rice
- With cauliflower gnocchi
- Over mashed or roasted potatoes…
- The list is endless!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Garlic Shrimp Diablo
- 1 lb. thawed or fresh peeled and deveined shrimp with or without tails
- 2 tbs. ghee or butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes or less if sensitive to heat
- ½ cup chicken stock
- juice from 2 lemons
- salt and pepper
- chopped flat-leaf parsley for serving
- lemon slices for serving
- Start by chopping garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into a measuring cup (should be close to 1/2 cup from 2 lemons). Add chicken stock into the same measuring cup and set aside.
- In a skillet, warm 2 tbs. ghee or butter and 1 tbs. olive oil over medium heat. When hot, place shrimp into one layer in pan and season lightly with salt, pepper. After 1 minute, add in minced garlic and red pepper flakes.
- After garlic has cooked for one minute, or when shrimp start to turn pink, flip over with tongs. Immediately add in the chicken stock/lemon juice to the pan. Let shrimp finish cooking in the buttery lemon sauce, then turn off heat to avoid overcooking. Serve alone or over starch, drizzling sauce over top!