This triple-pepper chili is loaded with flavor and filling thanks to chunky rotisserie chicken, white beans and creamy coconut milk-and-chicken broth base! Poblano peppers, jalapeños and green chilis combine for mild but delicious heat.
Chili is welcome in all forms in our household.
We love a traditional red chunky chili (like this Veggie-Packed Chicken Chili and Skinny Cowboy Turkey Chili!) and make it often, but sometimes I like switching up the flavor profile.
This triple-pepper, rotisserie chicken and white bean chili is hearty, mildly spicy and the perfect base for ALLLL the topping. Because that (and cornbread) is what eating chili is all about.
Chili is so great because it’s like a soup in how easy it is to make but it’s so filling with protein and fiber that you stay satisfied long after eating!
This particular Poblano White Chicken Chili is:
- Chunky and full of texture
- Chili powder and garlic seasoned
- Slightly spicy
- Creamy without cream, thanks to coconut milk
- Fantastic topped with cheese, avocado slices and crunchy Fritos!
So now that you’re in…
Here’s how you’ll make this Poblano White Chicken Chili:
- Sauté onions and peppers
- Stir in seasonings and garlic
- Add in beans, broth and coconut milk, bringing everything to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and add in shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Let cook for 10+ minutes then serve in bowls, topping with all the chili fixings!
Happy Chili Season!!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Poblano White Chicken Chili
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt + black pepper each
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast about 1 1/2 breasts
- shredded cheese, avocado slices, plain or chili cheese Frito corn chips
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil then add diced onion, poblano pepper and jalapeño. Sauté until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in canned green chilis, rinsed beans, chicken broth, coconut milk and juice from 1/2 lime. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- Add in shredded chicken breasts and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Stir well then divide into bowls. Top with toppings and serve!