Fresh, herby and garlicky — this chimichurri sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a grilled steak, chicken, pork tenderloin or even over a baked potato!
This sauce is DRINKABLE!
If you’re unfamiliar with chimichurri sauce, it is a delicious and easy to make herb sauce made from flat leaf parsley, garlic, red wine vinegar and just a handful of other ingredients. You’ll throw everything into a food processor or blender to combine until smooth, then use as a topping or dipping sauce for any meat or veggie.
Here’s what you’ll need for this version of chimichurri sauce:
- Flat leaf parsley
- Fresh Cilantro
- Dried oregano
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
We served our chimichurri sauce over two grass fed New York strip steaks cooked on the Big Green Egg.
Here’s exactly how we cooked our New York strip steaks:
- Heat grill to 400º
- Rub steaks with a little oil then lots of all purpose steak seasoning (we used The Ball Foods rub)
- Grill steaks for 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and drizzle sauce over top to serve!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!! Thank you to @cookingclassy for the recipe inspo!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
- Food processor or blender
- 3/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt or more
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients except for the oil to a food processor bowl or high speed blender. Pulse to combine, then gradually drizzle in oil. Taste, adjusting seasoning if needed. Serve or place into airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week!