The perfect answer to your sweet tooth’s snack time cravings.
Not only are they the perfect post partum snack, but these nutrient-packed protein balls are the perfect snack for when you want something sweet, but don’t want to overindulge.
By combining flax meal, chia seeds, peanut butter, and mini chocolate chips, these energy balls taste like a cookie, but pack a nutritious punch. Not only that, but with all of the ingredients on hand, these delicious morsels come together in less than five minutes, making them the perfect after-school or on-the-go snack!
You can watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on the Savvy Spoon Instagram, here!
Here’s how to make my Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls:
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Dampen your hands, then use a cookie scoop to measure out and roll the dough into a ball shape.
- Place energy balls onto a sheet pan and repeat until all balls are rolled.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for at least an hour, then store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. flax meal
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowls.
- Dampen your hands, then, using a cookie scoop, measure out then roll to form your energy balls.
- Place onto a sheet pan and repeat until all balls are rolled.
- Place sheet pan in freezer for at least an hour, then store energy balls in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge.