Five ingredient meals are my new BFF!
If you’re looking for a meal that’s as elegant as it is effortless then you’re in for a treat! My Pesto Salmon & Roasted Zucchini Gnocchi is a simple yet elevated dinner that comes together in no time. With just five simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you’ll be savoring a restaurant-quality dish right at home!
Rich salmon is topped with garlicky & herby pesto and roasted to perfection while fluffy, comforting gnocchi dumplings get doused in a roasted zucchini sauce. Fresh, flavorful and satisfying!
The best part? Everything is baby & toddler friendly if cut up small so you’re able to cook once for everyone.
Here’s how you’ll make my 5 Ingredient Pesto Salmon & Roasted Zucchini Gnocchi:
- Preheat your oven to 400º.
- Cut up your zucchini and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep salmon by spreading an even layer of pesto over each filet.
- Also, bring a pot of water to a boil for your gnocchi.
- When zucchini is done roasting, place into blender with a little coconut milk & blend until smooth.
- On same sheet pan, place salmon and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- While salmon roasts, cook gnocchi. Drain and toss with zucchini sauce.
- Serve cooked salmon with gnocchi topped with grated parmesan!
This 5-ingredient dish is a testament to the fact that fine dining can be effortless!! Treat yourself to a meal that’s sure to impress, leaving you craving more every time!” 🍽️✨
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
5 Ingredient Pesto Salmon & Roasted Zucchini Gnocchi
- 2 6-oz. salmon filets
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 package gnocchi I used cauliflower but use any!
- 2 zucchini squash
- 1/4-1/2 cup light coconut milk
optional for serving:
- grated parmesan and crushed red peppers
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut the zucchini into chunks and place them on a sheet pan. Drizzle with avocado oil and season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast for 20 minutes until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, prep the salmon: season the salmon filets with salt and pepper, then generously smear the top of each filet with an even layer of pesto. This will infuse the salmon with rich, aromatic flavors.
- Once the zucchini is roasted, transfer it to a blender along with 1/4 cup of light coconut milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. If needed, add more coconut milk for your desired consistency.
- On the same sheet pan, place salmon filets. Roast them for 12-15 minutes until they flake easily with a fork and have a beautiful, golden crust.
- While the salmon roasts, bring a pot of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Cook the gnocchi for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface, then drain. Pour the creamy zucchini sauce over top of the gnocchi!
- Plate your gnocchi with optional grated Parmesan and a sprinkle of crushed red chili flakes for a touch of heat. Top it all off with the beautifully roasted pesto salmon!