TEAM CORN YALL.
The problem: You often find yourself staring in the mirror asking “Why, God, why is my guacamole so ordinary?? Can you please strike me with a glimmer of inspiration so I can have a full-blown fiesta of fantasticalness?!” The answer: Grilled corn guacamole. This stuff will blow that sombrero right off your head, folks. Do your tortilla chips a favor!
Grilled Corn Guacamole
- 2 avocados
- 2 ears corn
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped finely
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ jalapeño , minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper, each
- 1 tsp. cumin, optional
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray, then place on ears of corn (husks and silks removed). Cook for a few minutes each side to create char marks.
- Meanwhile, mash together the remaining ingredients using the back of a fork.
- Let corn cool slightly, then cut off kernels into guac bowl. Fold in, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Enjoy immediately!