TEAM CORN YALL.
The problem: You often find yourself staring in the mirror asking “Why, God, why is my guacamole so ordinary?? Can you please strike me with a glimmer of inspiration so I can have a full-blown fiesta of fantasticalness?!” The answer: Grilled corn guacamole. This stuff will blow that sombrero right off your head, folks. Do your tortilla chips a favor!
Grilled Corn Guacamole
Crunchy grilled corn spices up everyone's favorite dip — guacamole!
- 2 avocados
- 2 ears corn
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped finely
- ½ onion minced
- ½ jalapeño minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper, each
- 1 tsp. cumin optional
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray, then place on ears of corn (husks and silks removed). Cook for a few minutes each side to create char marks.
- Meanwhile, mash together the remaining ingredients using the back of a fork.
- Let corn cool slightly, then cut off kernels into guac bowl. Fold in, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Enjoy immediately!
Tried this recipe?Share with others how it was!
Yum! I've got two avocados, green onions and sweet corn in my fridge – guac for dinner tonight!