Happy Valentine’s Day!
From my heart to yours, thank you for making Savvy what it is — even when I’ve been MIA I still have visitors who come and search for recipes, and for that I am so grateful. This past year has been filled with the highest highs and some low lows, from getting engaged to the love of my life to grieving the loss of my dad, and I can’t thank you enough for your overwhelming support throughout all the peaks and valleys. Yall are awesome.
On that note I cheers to you, my friends — with this strawberry jalapeño marg! Sweet, spicy and tangy, your tastebuds will be dancing the salsa with each sip of this tempting treat. No matter who you’re celebrating with tonight, here’s to love in all of its varieties.
Strawberry Jalapeño Margaritas
- 10 strawberries, destemmed
- 2 limes
- ¼ jalapeño, with seeds or without for less heat
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 2 oz. tequila, like Casamigos
- 2 oz. orange liquor, like Grand Marnier
- tajín seasoning salt, for rims
- Slice the strawberries in half and place them in a blender or food processor. Add in the juices of your two limes, along with the slice of jalapeño. Pulse to blend.
- Add in your tequila and triple sec shots, along with your agave to taste (similar to honey, a little goes a long way) and blend up again.
- Grab two cocktail glasses and dip the rims in water, and then into the tajín if using. Fill glasses with ice, then pour strawberry drink over top!