This one’s most literally a mouthful.
A beautiful, Tex-Mex-flavored mess of a mouthful. What could be better!
AND tomorrow is Cinco de Drinko… and those drinkos will require munchies. Tacos are amazing… but what about some taco-flavored burgers?! Let’s mix things up like a margarita!
Remember that Roasted Jalapeno Guacamole we whipped up recently? It’s like a national requirement that you make some to pile high on these buns.
I wish I would have made a double batch of these because they’ve since evaporated all too quickly. It’s been days since these spicy juicy burgs have graced my mouth…
The struggle is real.
Make these and fiesta all night long… or until the guac runs out.
Taco Seasoned Tex Mex Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 2 tbs. red salsa
- 2 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 limes
- mashed avocado
- cotija cheese
- jalapeño slices
- burger buns
- First, make burger patties: in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the burger patties minus the turkey, only using half of the taco seasoning packet.
- Fill a ziploc bag with the tortilla chips, seal, and smash into small crumbs. Place ground turkey and tortilla chip crumbs into same bowl as mixture and combine, making sure to not overmix. Mixture should be sticky but firm.
- Divide the bowl into four and shape each 1/4th of the mixture into a patty; place onto a sprayed cookie sheet. Sprinkle second half of seasoning packet onto the top of the four patties.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and brush with oil. When hot, place patties onto pan, making sure to not move once they are set (this will form your grill marks!). Cook for about 5-6 mins each side or until they are nice and charred.
- To build your burgers, start with your toasted hamburger bun, then burger patty, then cotija cheese and/or guac. Finish off with fresh jalapeños, cilantro and another toasted bun!