It’s July it’s July and I don’t care who knows it!!!!!!!!! It’s the best month of the year!
LOL I know you’re thinking “hello what about December!!??” and you’re right, it’s a great month too. It is. But you don’t really think about crushing burgers in December.
Besides July being patriotic and festive and full of summertime fun it is also my birthday month (I know I’m obnoxious) and our anniversary!! So yes, I am a little biased but when the weather is warm and the avocados are ripe then it feels like there’s just a little more right in the world.
So because we’ve got grilling and burgers on the brain let’s talk about this stack!!! Juicy ground chicken mixed with aromatic onions, garlic, cilantro and buffalo sauce grilled to perfection before it’s topped with fresh and flavorful guacamole. Oh and cheese, naturally. A burger without cheese ain’t right!!!
MORE BURGER RECIPES: Bunless Greek Burgers, Turkey Cheeseburger Salad, Taco Seasoned Tex Mex Turkey Burgers
And because I truly can’t get enough of buffalo sauce it felt only natural to douse this chicken burger with it as well.
Saucy, tangy, fresh and flavorful… this burger is a must for your 4th of July spread!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Guacamole Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken "lean" not extra lean
- 1 egg
- ½ shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. salt + pepper, each
- 1 avocado
- ½ shallot minced finely
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- arugula leaves
- caramelized onions optional
- 4 burger buns
- buffalo sauce for topping I like Frank's buffalo sauce
- In a bowl, combine egg, minced shallot, chopped cilantro leaves and 1/4 cup buffalo sauce with a fork. Add in ground chicken, salt and pepper and panko bread crumbs and mix together with hands. Sprinkle in more panko if mix is too sticky.
- Divide the ground chicken mix into four sections and roll each into patties about 1" thick. Place onto cooking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. When hot, place on patties and cook for 5-6 minutes without moving. Flip over and cook another 5 minutes or until cooked through. Turn off heat, top with 1 slice of pepper jack cheese onto each, then cover to melt cheese.
- Meanwhile make guacamole while the patties cook, mashing together avocado, shallot, cilantro leaves and lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once cheese has melted onto patties, remove them from heat. In the same pan, spray a little more cooking spray and turn heat to high and toast burger buns.
- Assemble burgers by placing a few arugula leaves down on the bottom bun. Top with patty, caramelized onions if using, 1/4 guacamole and drizzle with buffalo sauce! Top with top bun and enjoy!
This is just what I needed today! Tweeted slightly from the ingredients I had but still super yummy!