It’s friyayyyy + I’m v excited to share this simple recipe for Fluffy Baked Falafel with you!
Falafel is made of chickpeas, spices and something to bind everything together – tradish recipes use tahini, but for these little guys I used a combo of greek yogurt (thanks @goop for the idea) and a little hummus to intensify the mediterranean flavor. I served them with a Veggie Tabbouleh and a little greek yogurt mixed with shredded cucumber, but they’re great on their own as well!
Fluffy Baked Falafel
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs. chopped mint
- 1 tbs. greek yogurt
- 1 tbs. hummus, any flavor
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place all ingredients for falafel in a food processor plus 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper, pulsing to combine while keeping some texture.
- Dampen hands and take 1 tbs. of mix, rolling to create a sphere. Place onto a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed well. Continue until all mix has been used.
- Bake falafel in oven for 10 minutes, then carefully flip over and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cook slightly (they’ll firm as they cool sort of like cookies). Serve over Veggie Tabbouleh, in a pita, or over dressed greens!