I loveeee Mediterranean food and crave the fresh flavors constantly – lemony and vinegary and always a little crunchy!
I wanted to create a grain-free, Whole30 compliant tabbouleh to serve either on its own, with my Fluffly Baked Falafel or as a side to grilled chicken or shrimp… the result was this slightly tangy, bursting-with-flavor chopped salad brightened up with herbs and a nice bite from the cauliflower. Hope you enjoy!
Cauliflower rice serves as a base for this veggie-packed tabbouleh salad, made brighter with a lemon dressing.
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 tbs. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs. chopped mint
- 4 scallions finely diced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ shallot minced
- ½ english seedless cucumber peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar can sub apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. olive oil or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together red wine vinegar and olive oil in the bottom of a small bowl, then add riced cauliflower followed by the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before mixing gently to combine. Salad will keep in refrigerator for 2 days!
Tried this recipe?Share with others how it was!
[…] greek meatballs go great with: veggie tabbouleh, couscous, marinara sauce, orzo, cauliflower rice, bowtie pasta, or on their […]