I loveeee Mediterranean food and crave the fresh flavors constantly – lemony and vinegary and always a little crunchy!
I wanted to create a grain-free, Whole30 compliant tabbouleh to serve either on its own, with my Fluffly Baked Falafel or as a side to grilled chicken or shrimp… the result was this slightly tangy, bursting-with-flavor chopped salad brightened up with herbs and a nice bite from the cauliflower. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 tbs. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs. chopped mint
- 4 scallions, finely diced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ shallot, minced
- ½ english seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar, can sub apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together red wine vinegar and olive oil in the bottom of a small bowl, then add riced cauliflower followed by the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before mixing gently to combine. Salad will keep in refrigerator for 2 days!