Think of this soup like an upgraded, detox version your favorite chicken and rice soup from growing up (that possibly could have come straight from a can 😳😬). A hug in a bowl with with brightened flavors and packed with nourishing ingredients. time to love yourself!
This soup will come together in less than 30 minutes thanks to shredded, store-bought rotisserie chicken and frozen cauliflower rice (I stock up on bags of cauli rice like it’s the apocalypse and I suggest you do as well!). I also bought pre-chopped onions, carrots and celery – sometimes it’s just worth the extra dollar or two! Lastly the lemon juice and fresh herbs are essential for flavoring so no substituting for dry.
Reset Button Chicken Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast shredded
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 stalks celery diced
- 1 12-oz. bag cauliflower rice fresh or frozen
- 2 lemons
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1 large handful your favorite herbs like parsley, mint, thyme, dill and/or cilantro
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- olive oil or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- In a medium pot or dutch oven, heat 2 tbs. olive oil then sauté onion for 3-4 minutes before adding garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook another minute before adding carrots and celery. Sauté another 5 minutes until soft, then add in chicken stock and the juice of one lemon. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- While soup boils, shred rotisserie chicken and slice lemon thinly, removing seeds. After 10 minutes of simmering, add rotisserie chicken, lemon slices, jalapeño slices and frozen cauliflower rice to soup. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Right before serving, add fresh herbs to soup then ladle into bowls!