My fave way to eat my greens? in pasta 😉 Get your fix with my Pesto, Peas + Brussels Sprouts Pasta tossed in Palmini hearts of palm pasta or your fave noodle variety.
We’re always looking for pasta substitutes (mainly because I crave it day + night) so when I saw @f_factor shared these “noodles” with only 20 cals + 2 net carbs per serving I freaked and ordered from @amazon asap!
Their texture is somewhere between zucchini and spaghetti squash noodles but they have less of their own flava, which make them perfect for adopting the flavor of any sauce! try them with my recipe below + have dinner on the table in 10 minutes. Srsly!
Peas, Pesto and Brussels Sprouts Pasta
My fave way to eat my greens? In pasta! Get your fix with my Pesto, Peas + Brussels Sprouts Pasta tossed in Palmini hearts of palm pasta or your fave noodle variety.
- 2 cans Palmini hearts of palm pasta 1 lb. of your favorite pasta variety
- ½ cup store-bought pesto
- 1 cup english shelled peas fresh or frozen
- 1½ cups shredded Brussels Sprouts
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- If using @palmini pasta, rinse in colander and soak in a bowl with milk or milk alternative for 5 minutes to reduce the hearts of palm flavoring. Otherwise cook your noodles according to the package’s directions!
- Meanwhile, sauté the brussels sprouts over medium heat with a little olive oil, salt + pepper, for 5 minutes. Then add in the peas and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add in pasta, pesto, parmesan and pine nuts and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature!
Tried this recipe?Share with others how it was!