if you’re cooking this weekend make sure this Palmini Pasta Hearts of Palm Lasagna is on your menu!
Palmini is made wholly of hearts of palm – which might sound like a random pasta substitute but the “noodles” take on 100% of the flavor of any dreamy sauce you put on them. So let’s make it creamy, flavorful and extra cheesy!
Palmini Hearts of Palm Lasagna
- 2 15-oz. cans Palmini Hearts of Palm Lasagna noodles
- 1 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups marinara sauce plus 1/4 cup for pan
- 1 15-oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 handful basil leaves chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by draining + rinsing Palmini lasagna noodles. Place them in a shallow bowl and cover with plain plant milk, letting sit for 30 mins.
- Make lasagna filling by browning ground turkey: in a medium skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbs. olive oil then add turkey, breaking up with wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper then cook until no longer pink, about 5-7 mins before adding minced garlic. Cook another minute then add to mixing bowl to let cool.
- Into the same bowl add 2 cups marinara, the container of ricotta and basil, reserving a few leaves for serving. Mix together and taste, adjusting seasonings if needed.
- In an 8×8 pan covered in foil and sprayed with cooking spray, add 1/4 cup marinara to bottom. Then place down your first layer of Palmini; I used 8 pieces each layer. Add an even layer of turkey mixture on top, then another layer of Palmini. Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tbs. grated cheese.
- Repeat layers: Palmini, turkey mix, Palmini, cheese mix until pan is full. Top layer should be mozzarella and parm!
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes, then broil for 5 for cheese to become golden brown. Top with remaining basil. Let cool before slicing and serving!