Looking for something light to start the week? Try my Thai Coconut Chicken Soup… ready in 30 minutes!
This soup is chuck full of nutritious goodies like mushrooms and spinach, and yet again rotisserie chicken is a *clutch* timesaver!
Coconut milk adds a richness and creaminess to the base, and warming flavors like ginger and lemongrass will detox and invigorate you!
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- 2 32-oz. boxes low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 15-oz. cans light coconut milk
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inch piece ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tbs. red curry paste
- 2 tsp. lemongrass paste see note
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast shredded
- olive oil or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- chopped cilantro
- chopped green onions
- sliced avocado
- In a medium pot, heat 1 tbs. olive oil and add onion. cook for 5 mins or until softened and add garlic, ginger, red curry paste and lemongrass paste. cook for 2 mins before adding broth & coconut milk. bring to a boil then simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Add mushrooms, spinach and chicken and let simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper before serving into bowls.
- Top bowls with cilantro, green onions, avocados and limes! Add sriracha and more s&p as needed.