I am currently sipping this Copycat Julio Verde Green Smoothie situation that I think you will most definitely love sipping too!
It was time to switch up our typical green smoothie (I often get obsessed with a breakfast and overdo it to the point of exhaustion) so I took inspiration from my fave smoothie at JuiceLand to bring you this: vanilla orange dreamsicle vibes packed with fiber and protein.
Is there anything better than a DREAMSICLE? Slightly citrus, hints of vanilla, creamy and well… dreamy. The original Julio Verde smoothie does include banana in the recipe but frankly, we were fresh out. I really thought it was just as delicious using almond butter as a thickener! I think taking the banana out helped to cut down on the sweetness as well.
Last bit of green smoothie propaganda: this one is packed with 10 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber per serving! Fiber is the nutrient that helps keep you fuller for longer, making this drink a delicious way to hold yourself over until your next meal.
TIPS FOR MAKING COPYCAT JULIO VERDE GREEN SMOOTHIE
- Spinach is my favorite green to use in smoothies because it is essentially FLAVORLESS (no but really) and contributes a gorgeous pop of green color to your drink. If spinach is unavailable, sub kale but make sure leaves are removed from the stems and you blend for a little extra time.
- I’ve found that the best way to prevent your blender from clogging while you use it is by starting your speed low and gradually increasing every 10 seconds or so until you’ve made a nice vortex/whirlpool situation in the blender.
- NEVER put a spoon in while the blender is running… or you will have to buy a new blender container. Ehm.
Give it a swirl and a sip and let me know what you think!!
Copycat Julio Verde Green Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 6 slices frozen peaches
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder I use vanilla 20/20 powder by F-Factor
- 2 tbs. pecan pieces
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- 1 handful ice
- Fill your blender with all ingredients in the order listed above and then blend from slower speeds to fast for about 10 seconds each speed until blended smooth!