It’s not pasta… it’s Palmini!
Palmini is a low carb pasta “noodle” made from hearts of palm — honestly this stuff is unbelievable. They have several varieties of noodles like linguini, angel hair and even lasagna sheets, and they are all perfectly textured to mimic real pasta!
In this recipe, I used Palmini instead of ramen noodles to create a lower calorie, extremely low carb version of a college staple — sans the MSG packet of course. This chicken broth-based soup is aromatic and only takes a couple of minutes to create, versus some versions that take hours — even days!
Rich flavors like ginger, garlic, sesame oil and charred grilled chicken come together to make a beautiful bowl of soup no matter the season.
Here’s how you’ll make Palmini Chicken Ramen:
- Sauté aromatics
- Create miso broth + add noodles
- Grill chicken, cool and slice
- Finish bowls with more crunchy toppings!
We try a lot of low carb pasta substitutes around here and Palmini ranks supreme on the list — it’s essentially flavorless which allows for the sauce or soup it’s swimming in to really shine.
This recipe can be used to make ramen with real ramen noodles as well, but I found using the no-cook Palmini noodles to be extremely time efficient (and even friendlier on the waistline).
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Palmini Chicken Ramen
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat
- 2 tbs. coconut or avocado oil
- 2 tbs. minced ginger or ginger paste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbs. miso paste
- 2 32-oz. boxes low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbs. dried parsley
- 2 tbs. liquid or coconut aminos
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 15-oz. can Palmini hearts of palm linguini noodles
optional ramen toppings
- crispy shallots, sliced jalapeños, fresh cilantro, sliced radishes, sesame seeds, sriracha hot sauce
- Start by seasoning your chicken breasts well with kosher salt and pepper on both sides. Heat outdoor grill or warm grill pan over medium high heat.
- Mix together miso paste and 1/2 cup of chicken broth in a small bowl to dissolve.
- In a deep pot or dutch oven, warm 2 tbs. coconut or avocado oil, then add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute (or less), adding the rest of the chicken broth before anything browns.
- Add in miso/broth mixture, dried parsley and liquid aminos and bring to a low boil. Then turn heat down to simmer, adding in drained and rinsed Palmini pasta.
- While soup simmers, grill chicken: if using outdoor grill, heat to 450 degrees and spray grates well with canola oil. Grill about 6 minutes per side (internal temp of 160) then remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest. The internal temp should increase to 165 degrees.
- Slice chicken and any toppings you're using for the ramen. Create bowls by using tongs to distribute Palmini noodles, then adding in broth to each bowl. Drizzle each bowl with a little sesame oil. Add optional toppings then enjoy!