Have you ever wondered what a hug tastes like?
With my Brown Sugar Baked Apples, you will now know!!
My mom made baked apples growing up so to me, they taste so comforting. Cored Honeycrisp apples (hello sweet and tangy!) are stuffed with a sweet and crunchy mixture of brown sugar, walnuts, spices and softened butter for the most delicious dessert!
You can make these nut free by using a nut-free granola in lieu of the walnuts, or make them vegan but swapping out the butter for a substitute! though they’re amazing on their own, JUST WAIT until you taste them topped with ice cream! 😍
You’ll core the apples using a corer or spoon (but be sure to not cut through the apples – they should look like little bowls!) and stuff with the simple nutty mixture. They’ll bake for 40-45 minutes then they’re ready to devour!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Brown Sugar Baked Apples
- 5 Honeycrisp apples , cored with bottoms in tact
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ tsp. pumpkin pie seasoning
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cored apples into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Mix together ingredients for filling. Spoon 2 tbs. of filling into each apple.
- Bake apples for 40-45 minutes or until soft and golden! If toppings begin to brown too much before apples are soft, turn down heat.
- The apples are delicious on their own or served a la mode!