Yep I’m still on that Cauliflower Gnocchi train. Toot toot!!
Ty has been traveling more for work so I’ve had some solo nights in the past few months where I’ve been tempted to just pick up and call it a day. This last trip, I started to think back to why I started TSS all those years ago: to tackle the barriers that keep some people from cooking, like not having time, not wanting to go to the store for a bunch of ingredients, not wanting to cook for just one. I needed a recipe that was low maintenance if I wasn’t going to Eatzi’s haha!
ENTER: Cauliflower gnocchi. Ready in 10! Ground turkey. Ready in 5! Premade pesto. Already ready!
It also doesn’t take much to convince me to eat pasta, lol. Plus it saves amazingly – if you have any leftovers.
So here’s the sitch: You’ll need four ingredients (not including olive oil, salt and pepper) and five if you’re using grated parmesan cheese. In 20 minutes you’ll be snuggled up on the couch diving into your low carb, protein and veggie packed bowl, and there’ll be zero wishing you Favored instead!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
4 Ingredient Red Pesto Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 package Trader Joe's frozen cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 4 oz. jar sundried tomato pesto I used Barilla
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- olive oil for sautéing and roasting
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, salt and pepper then roast in oven for 20 mins.
- Heat 1 tbs. oil in a nonstick skillet, then add frozen cauliflower gnocchi. Cook until golden then flip pieces and repeat. Place onto plate.
- Heat 1 tbs. olive oil in same pan then add ground turkey, breaking up with spoon. Season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink, about 5 mins.
- Lower heat then add back cooked gnocchi. Toss in pesto and roasted broccoli then top with parmesan cheese if using!