This street corn-inspired dip is deliciously creamy thanks to healthier greek yogurt and cool avocado chunks. Your group will love this dish!
It is football watching season in our house and every nail-biting game is made 1000x better with plenty of apps on hand! Dips are usually my go-to game day dish because they’re simple to make, feed many and there are just SO many to choose from.
This particular corn dip is a new favorite — taco seasoning makes it slightly spicy, the corn gets perfectly caramelized in the hot pan and creamy greek yogurt and avocado offer a cool contrast to the heat! Elotes, aka Mexican street corn, typically is made with LOTS mayonnaise and butter and although it is by all means delicious, it’s not something you necessarily want to enjoy often.
I’ve taken the elements of elotes — roasted corn, creamy sauce, chili powder, lime juice and cotija cheese — and lightened up the ingredients to make it healthier! Protein-packed greek yogurt takes the place of heavier mayo and fiber-packed diced avocado adds another creamy component your tastebuds will love.
This dip is so easy to put together and even easier to devour! Make sure you have plenty of tortilla scoops on hand to fill up with this street corn-inspired dip!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Healthy Elotes Corn Dip
- 4 cups canned summer corn drained and rinsed well
- 2 tbsp. ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 packet gluten-free taco seasoning
- 1/2 jalapeño minced (with or without seeds)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt I used 2%
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- juice from 1 1/2 limes
- tortilla scoops
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt ghee or warm olive oil then add corn. Season with taco seasoning packet and cook until edges of corn are caramelized and brown, about 6-7 minutes. Remove pan from heat to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients except the avocado. Once corn has cooled, add it to the bowl. Stir gently to combine then add in diced avocado. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Place into serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips!