Hearty, creamy, and oh-so-easy, this will become your newest go-to pasta recipe!
A creamy, quick, romesco-style sauce to smother your noodles with and chewy pancetta for a delicious salty bite.
There’s nothing I love more than a rich, filling bowl of pasta. However, I often retreat to my staple sauces like marinara, especially on busy weeknights when I don’t have time to create a sauce from scratch. However, this seemingly-complicated sauce couldn’t be easier thanks to fresh ingredients and a blender. With roasted red bell peppers, plum tomatoes, almonds, and tons of Parmesan cheese, this simple but ultra-satisfying pasta is the answer to your weeknight dinner woes.
You can watch a step-by-step video of this recipe on The Savvy Spoon Instagram, here!
Red Pepper Pasta with Pancetta
For the sauce
- 5 oz jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 5 plum tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1 Cup raw almonds
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4-6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp salt
For the sauce
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil) into a blender or food processor and pulse to blend. Drizzle in olive oil a few tablespoons at a time until creamy and smooth.
For the pasta
- Cook pancetta in a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until crispy.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil before adding 1-2 tbsp. Kosher salt.
- Bring back to a boil, then add in pasta, cooking to package directions for al denote.
- Once cooked, add pasta to pancetta pan With tongs before adding romesco sauce. Thin out sauce with pasta water if needed.
- Serve pasta with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley! Keeps well in refrigerator for up to 2 days.