This creamy, healthier and vegan Caesar recipe is bound to be your new favorite dressing!
What is it about a Caesar salad that is so irresistible?
Is it the creamy, cheesy, briny dressing? The crispy, crunchy romaine? The tantalizing combination of the two!?
For me, Caesar salads are not only delicious, they’re nostalgic. They remind me of my first dip into salads as a kid, balancing my plate-sized triangle of pizza with a garlicky, crunchy side of Caesar… now that is living haha!
Though I still love the flavor of Caesar dressing, I’m excited to have found a healthier version of the creamy classic. Thanks to tahini (sesame seed paste) and a few other ingredients like nutritional yeast and capers, I believe I’ve recreated the most delicious — and totally vegan! — healthy version of Caesar dressing yet!!
Here’s what you’ll need to make my Tahini Caesar Dressing:
- Tahini – This sesame seed paste provides a creamy consistency for the dressing while adding a nice bitterness
- Nutritional yeast – This vegan super ingredient gives our dressing a nutty, cheesy flavor reminiscent of Parmesan
- Dijon mustard – Dijon adds the perfect amount of vinegar and tang
- Maple Syrup or Honey – The sweetness helps to balance the other bolder flavors. Honey is not considered vegan so if you are adhering to a vegan diet, use maple syrup
- Capers – What I would call the secret ingredient to this dressing because they add the perfect briny saltiness that replaces the anchovies in a traditional Caesar
- Lemon juice – The juice adds tartness, brightness and helps to thin the dressing
- Garlic – No Caesar dressing is complete without plenty of pungent garlic!
- Salt + pepper – To your taste, I went light on both
You’ll simply blend all of the ingredients together, thin with water to your desired consistency, and enjoy!
I think you’ll love this vegan Caesar salad dressing and if you do, please be sure to like and comment below! The ratings help other readers and are very much appreciated 🙂
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
Tahini Caesar Dressing Recipe
- Blender or food processor
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup can sub honey if not vegan
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers drained but not rinsed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup water or more, for thinning
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender cup or food processor bowl. Blend until smooth and creamy! May want to add a little more water to thin for your desired consistency.