Individual turkey meatloaves are juicy, flavorful and ready much quicker than a traditional loaf! Create perfect portions of this rich in flavor meal that’s light on calories.
I had NO idea meatloaf was such a widely debated food group until yesterday.
I mentioned on my Instagram Stories that I was having a (slightly odd, sure) pregnancy craving for meatloaf and BOY did I stir up some thoughts lol! Very divided thoughts came in left and right about absolutely loving — or passionately hating — little old meatloaf. Now sure, the name is… off-putting to say the least. I get it. But if you think about what meatloaf is, it’s really just a bigger, lighter, juicier burger. Am I wrong??
I would think that most people that give meatloaf a try really enjoy it. Especially these individual meatloaf bites…not to brag!! But they are so easy to make, are easier on the waistline (thanks to the turkey meat and their pre-portioned size), are super rich in flavor and cook way faster than traditional meatloaf. Plus I based my original recipe off of Ina Garten’s and she can really do no wrong. Please enjoy!
Here’s how you’ll make my Meatloaf Bites:
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Sauté diced onions and chopped baby bella mushrooms in balsamic vinegar.
- Mix together the ingredients for the meatloaf in a bowl, adding breadcrumbs last.
- Form potato-shaped meatloaf bites, creating 5-6.
- Top with a ketchup drizzle and bake.
So simple and you’ll love the leftovers — if you even have them! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you loved this post, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, twin mom and healthy lifestyle content!
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 yellow onion diced finely
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. ground turkey lean not extra lean
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. ketchup I use good ole Heinz
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- extra ketchup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm oil. When warm, add diced onions and chopped mushrooms, stirring to coat. Let cook until soft, about 5-6 minutes before adding in balsamic vinegar. Lower heat to simmer and let cook another 1-2 mins. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg and break up with a fork. Then add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground turkey, cooled onions + mushrooms, then breadcrumbs. Use a fork or clean hands to mix gently.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Shape 5-6 meatloaf bites into a potato-like shape about the size of your palm. Place onto sheet pan. Drizzle ketchup over each bite, then place into oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of bite reaches 165º. Let cool slightly before enjoying!