Asian flavors like ginger and garlic flavor these baked ground turkey meatballs! A slightly sweet glaze coats the meatballs after they’ve baked.
This recipe comes from The Savvy Spoon archives! I love meatballs for so many reasons: flavors are easy to change based on your mood, they come together in one step + bake up in just 20 minutes!
To bring in the greens I used Trader Joe’s Asian Stir Fry mix – a mix of snap peas, broccoli, carrots, onions, mushrooms + bell peppers, all chopped up and ready for sautéing. The glaze really makes the veggies so flavorful and coats the meatballs nicely! Mostly savory and a little sweet – SO delish.
Baked Asian Glazed Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey, can sub ground chicken or pork
- ½ yellow onion, diced finely
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs. ketchup
- 1 tbs. liquid aminos or coconut aminos, can sub soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. ginger paste or 1" piece, peeled + minced
- ¾ cup gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbs. sesame seeds
- ½ cup liquid aminos or coconut aminos, can sub soy sauce
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey or agave
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 3 green onions, sliced
- mixed Asian veggies (like broccoli, snap peas, carrots, onions, bell peppers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add onion, ketchup, soy sauce, egg, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Use a fork to mix altogether, breaking up egg.
- Add in ground meat and with hands, mix lightly to combine. Add in panko crumbs – if mix is no longer sticky, you're ready to roll! If it is still very sticky then add a little more panko.
- Line a cooking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Measure 2 tbs. of mixture and form ball with hands. Shake out a little pile of sesame seeds and roll the meatball into seeds to cover. Place onto pan + repeat until all mix has been used.
- Bake meatballs for 20 mins (if using pork, they'll cook in 15).
- Meanwhile, whisk together all ingredients for the glaze. Heat a skillet over medium + add a little olive oil. Add in veggies (if using) and sauté for 3-4 mins, then add in 1/2 of glaze to pan. Cook another 1-2 mins then separate into bowls.
- In the same pan, add remaining glaze + cook over low until thick (~5mins). Top meatballs + enjoy!