Perfect for winter weather — let’s warm up your tushes! And because I crave but just can’t eat pasta every day, we’re making on top of “zoodles” or zucchini noodles — super low carb with great texture that almost tastes like the real deal.
This lightened-up bolognese sauce comes together in about 25 minutes and the zucchini noodles cook in 2-3. How’s that for quick!?
Bolognese typically takes hours for the sauce to develop deep flavor, but our version uses super concentrated tomato paste to help zip up the process.
This Skinny Bolognese with Zoodles recipe is:
- Low carb
- Low on unhealthy fats
- F-Factor Step One approved
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Tastes like it was cooked for hours!
Watch me make 30 Minute Zoodle Bolognese below!
Skinny Bolognese with Zoodles
- 1 lb. lean, grass-fed ground beef
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbs. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes use san marzano if possible
- ¾ cup good red wine sub beef broth for Whole30
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup plain almond milk can sub for alternative
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese sub nutritional yeast for Whole30
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbs. olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 package zucchini noodles
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet then add ground beef, breaking up with spoon. When no longer pink, add minced garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute.
- Add chopped mushrooms, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and wine. Add salt and pepper, mix everything together then lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Finish sauce by adding milk, parmesan and nutmeg!
- For zoodles: in a saute pan, heat 1 tsp. olive oil and add 1 package (for 2 people) of zoodles. Let cook 3-4 minutes then place onto serving plate. Serve immediately topped with bolognese!