Pick up four ingredients for the tastiest one-pan meal ready in 25 mins or less!
This recipe has been a hit and I think it all boils down to the four ingredient long list! And maybe the apples… I really think their sweetness does something spesh for the otherwise savory bowls.
Use whatever chicken sausage you can find or have on hand – I’ve whipped up this recipe countless times with all different flavors and can’t pick a favorite! You can use granny smith apples for more of a bite, or regular rice for something heartier. Broccoli would even be delicious instead of the Brussels! Use this recipe as your guide but feel free to make it your own.
Chicken Sausage, Brussels Sprouts, Apple + Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 1 12-oz. package precooked chicken sausage, sliced into discs, I like apple or sweet italian best
- 2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add a little cooking spray and place chicken sausage discs in to brown, about 2 minutes per side. Once browned, remove from pan and place onto plate.
- In same pan, add shaved Brussels and season with salt and pepper. Let cook 3-4 minutes to cook down, then add in diced apple. Cook another 2 mins then remove from pan and place onto plate.
- In same pan, add a touch more cooking spray and add the cauliflower rice to steam. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes if desired. Cook about 4-5 minutes or until warmed and slightly toasted.
- Assemble bowls by layering cauli rice, Brussels and apples, then sausage on top!