make someone’s heart beat faster with this one pan Baked Chicken and Artichoke Hearts in a lemon garlic butter sauce that tastes like heaven on earth!
this is a dish that looks and tastes like you’ve been working on it for hours when really your din will come together in 30 minutes! you’ll sauté chicken, artichoke hearts, shallots and garlic in a cast iron or oven-proof skillet before placing into a preheated oven for 20 minutes! you can serve this on its own, over cauliflower rice, or even mashed potatoes!
Baked Chicken and Artichoke Hearts
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat
- 12 oz. package frozen artichoke hearts (or 1 15-oz. can)
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine can substitute chicken broth
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 lemon sliced, seeds removed
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In an oven-proof skillet, heat 2 tbs. olive oil over medium heat. season chicken breasts well with salt + pepper on both sides, then place “pretty” side down into warmed oil (be careful of splatters). Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook another 3-4. remove chicken from pan.
- Add in artichoke hearts and shallots into same pan and cook until soft and golden, about 4 minutes. Add in minced garlic and let cook for 1 minute before adding in wine (or chicken broth) and butter. Add chicken back to pan and top with lemon slices before placing in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes then let cool slightly before serving! top with parsley for a pretty presentation!