true or true: chocolate makes everything better 🍫 including my favorite on the go snack— protein balls!
I added cacao powder (a natural, unsweetened source of minerals) to our standard protein ball recipe and was so happy with the way they turned out! rich in chocolate but only sweetened by the honey (that helps shape + hold the balls together) and the mini chocolate chips 🍪
these are the absolute best to have in the fridge when you need just a little nibble to hold you over!
Chocolate Protein Energy Balls
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats, (I use Bobs Red Mill)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened peanut butter, can sub almond butter or fave nut/seed butter
- ⅓ cup flax seed meal, optional
- ⅓ cup local honey
- 2 tbs. cacao powder
- 2 tbs. mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- Wash hands (haha but really) and leave slightly damp. mix all of ingredients together and using a spoon, scoop out about 2 tbs. of mix and shape into ball. place onto a lined cookie sheet and repeat until all mix has been rolled.
- Chill in freezer for at least two hours then keep in airtight container in refrigerator!