I’m about to dive into a bowl of my Skinny Ranch Chicken Salad – it’s crunchy, slightly spicy and extra creamy, even though it’s mayo-free!
It took me awhile to get on the chicken salad bandwagon… I blame the texture and some early childhood exposure to some bad mayonnaise. I am still recovering 😂
But when I figured out I didn’t have to use mayo I became a chicken salad lover! I love making a big batch and mixing it up with either avocado, buffalo sauce or skinny ranch, like here!
To make the skinny ranch I combined one organic ranch dressing packet with 1 cup @fage Greek 2% yogurt and a few tablespoons of plain almond milk (starting with two and adding more to thin). Stir stir stir and you have yourself perfectly seasoned ranch!
Skinny Ranch Chicken Salad
- 1 rotisserie or cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup canned corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 3 green onions chopped, green parts only
- salt and pepper
for the skinny ranch
- 1 seasoning packet organic ranch dressing/dip
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2-4 tbs. plain almond milk
- You’ll need two bowls: in a small bowl, combine ingredients for ranch and whisk until smooth. add more milk to thin as desired.
- In a larger bowl, combine remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper. pour 1/2 of the ranch dressing over and use tongs to combine, adding more dressing for desired creaminess!