your Sunday plans: a big, cozy bowl of my Veggie-Packed Bolognese and a new show to crush! I highly recommend Cheer.
I served this rich and chunky meat bolognese over @palminipasta hearts of palm noodles but you can use any favorite depending on your mood 😋I love the way the house smells with the sauce heating on the stove – seriously like a hug for your nose!
Veggie Packed Bolognese
- 1 lb. organic ground beef, 85%/15% or 90%/10%
- 1 container Trader Joe's veggie mirepoix or 1/2 yellow onion, 3 carrots and 3 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ cup crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 20-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup good red wine, like cabernet or merlot
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 tbs. dried oregano
- 1 tbs. salt
- ½ tbs. pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Start by heating 1 tbs. olive oil in a deep skillet, then add mirepoix (onions, carrots, celery). cook until soft, about 5 minutes then add in mushrooms and garlic. cook another minute then add beef, breaking up with your spoon.
- Cook meat until no longer pink, then add in wine, scraping up brown bits from the pan. after 3-5 minutes, add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, add in coconut milk and grated parmesan, then taste for seasoning. serve with your favorite noodles and more cheese!