Spice up your weekday meals with these colorful Ground Turkey Tostadas with sheet pan peppers and onions!
I needed some bright food in my life yall! I feel like I’ve carried around a pit in my stomach all day as we are waiting to hear the fate of some of our spring and summer travel due to COVID-19 🙁 by no means do I want to downplay the scare, but I am definitely feeling down.
That’s where fun food comes in – bright colors and bold flavors combine to make little tortilla-sized fiestas for your plate! no matter your current state of mind these tostadas are sure to help lighten and brighten your mood. Here’s the recipe:
Ground Turkey Tostadas
- 1 lb. ground turkey lean, not extra lean
- 6 crunchy baked tostadas I used Charro
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 white onion one half sliced, one half diced
- 1 packet low-sodium and/or gluten free taco seasoning
- olive oil
- jalapeño slices
- diced avocado
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. on a sheet pan lined with foil, place sliced bell peppers and sliced 1/2 onion, drizzling lightly with oil. sprinkle lightly with taco seasoning, reserving most for the ground meat. toss to coat and roast for 15 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbs. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add in ground turkey. cook until no longer pink then add in 1/2 cup of water and the rest of the taco seasoning. bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make tostadas by using a spatula to spread on refried beans, then add cooked peppers + onions. top with taco meat and your fave optional toppings! tastes great with hot sauce or salsa on top as well!