when it comes to comforting, nothing hits quite like pasta!! with just a couple of ingredients you can make my Sausage + Sprouts Shells with chili paste and lots of parm. because parm = love.
we’re one episode away from daytona in on Cheer and I’m very much regretting binging this show in two days… I’m going to be thinking about jerry and co way past the season finale and frankly I’m very upset about not hanging out with them tomorrow. what show should we watch next? nothing scary or too heavy please 🙂
this pasta comes together in one pan (you’ll boil the pasta seps in a big pot) and from start to finish will take you about 15 minutes. the longest step is waiting for the water to boil haha! hope you guys enjoy!
Sausage + Sprouts Shells
- 1 lb. shell-shaped pasta I used gluten free chickpea pasta
- 1 lb. uncooked sausage chicken or pork removed from casings
- 1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 tbs. calabrian chili paste can sub 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbs. panko bread crumbs optional
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil – will boil fastest with lid on. salt water generously then add in pasta, cooking according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 2 tbs. olive oil over medium high heat before adding in sausage (removed from links) and brussels sprouts. season with salt and pepper and sauté until sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes for both chicken and pork. lower heat to medium low and stir in chili paste or red pepper flakes and panko if using.
- Once pasta has cooked, strain (and rinse if chickpea pasta), reserving pasta water. add pasta to skillet with 1/2 cup of pasta water, juice from 1/2 lemon and another drizzle of olive oil. toss together to coat, topping with more parm before serving!