isn’t it funny how I’ve never had more time in the world yet I still want to make dinner quickly? haha I think by the end of the day, no matter what you’re busying yourself doing, when you’re ready for dinner you’re ready to eat, relax and unwind.
that’s why I cooked up this 15 Minute Ground Turkey Couscous with spinach, kalamata olives, feta and fresh herbs before we started season 8 of GOT (I know I knowwww we waited forever but we back). the show is time consuming!! the dinner was not 🙂 looking forward to the leftovers for lunch!
15 Minute Ground Turkey Couscous
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 4.7-oz. box of pearl couscous, can sub regular couscous, see note
- 1 ¾ cup chicken stock, (or water)
- 1 cup fresh spinach or about 1/2 cup frozen + dethawed
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- ½ can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- ¼ cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbs. fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tbs. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried garlic
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Start by heating a drizzle of olive oil in nonstick pan, then add in ground turkey, breaking up with wooden spoon. season with salt, pepper, dried garlic and red pepper flakes. cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice olives, rinse garbanzo beans, chop herbs and crumble feta.
- When turkey has cooked, add in couscous and let cook for 1 minute before adding in chicken stock (or water). bring to a boil, then add 1/2 seasoning packet that comes with the couscous (if using bulk couscous, just add a little more salt, pepper and garlic). bring heat down to simmer and cook for 8 minutes.
- When couscous has fluffed, add in spinach, olives, garbanzo beans and jalapeño to pan. fold in to wilt spinach, then remove from heat. place into medium serving bowl to cool slightly before adding cheese and herbs.
- Gently fold everything together then serve warm, room temperature or even cool! will save nicely in fridge up to 4 days.