BIG stir fry fan right here – but who doesn’t love a satisfying dish that cooks up in 10 minutes??
Whenever I’m pinched for time (or when energy is low!) I typically resort to stir frys because no matter what protein you use, they come together quickly. You don’t have to let something braise for days to get a bowl packed with flavor – Asian ingredients already have so much depth to them! They’re my favorite to use in a jiffy when I’m craving something savory but have little time to spare.
We almost always have chicken in the refrigerator (as so many of us do), along with a variety of pre-chopped veggies that I may have chopped myself or bought cut up for me because I was feeling extra bougie that day 😂 the best part about stir frys is that they are totally customizable based on what you happen to have on hand. After all, it’s allllll about the sauce anyway!
Spicy Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1 cup shredded coleslaw mix (cabbages + carrots)
- 1 bell pepper red or orange
- 1 yellow onion diced
- olive oil or avocado oil for sautéing
spicy chicken marinade
- ½ cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbs. honey omit for Whole30
- 1 tbs. ginger paste or 1" piece, peeled and minced
- 1 tbs. sriracha
- 3 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- Combine ingredients for marinade in a plastic bag, then add in diced chicken. Let chicken marinate on counter top for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbs. of olive oil and when warm, add chicken pieces with tongs, shaking off any excess marinade. Let chicken cook for 3-4 minutes without touching, then toss to brown other sides and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in diced onion, bell pepper and coleslaw mix to pan and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Check to make sure chicken has cooked through by cutting through one piece!
- Serve stir fry on it's own or over cauliflower rice, veggie rice or coconut rice!