Is there anything more summery than fresh peaches!?!?!?!
Throw them into a barbecue sauce and we’re about as summery as you can get.
Actually, nix that — throw peaches into BBQ sauce and then on BBQ chicken. NOW WE’RE TALKING PEOPLE!!!
After our trip to Aspen (and eating out for 800 meals) Ty and I have been relishing our time at home and the last days of summer… except for the fact it’ll feel like summer for another two months here in Dallas LOL. We love to grill year round but there’s something extra tasty about a little char from the grill in summer.
So let’s talk about this dish! First we have boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a super simple seasoning. You’ll make the BBQ sauce on the stove with just a handful of ingredients before grilling the chicken inside or out. You’ll cook for 5 minutes per side, then baste with the sauce and cook for another two on each side. Easy peasy!
As for the sauce, I will warn you… you might want to take a bath in it and drink it by the goblet!!!!! The fresh peaches give the sauce a really nice thick texture and lightly sweet taste, the hot honey gives it a nice kick and the tomato + vinegar base gives it it’s tanginess. You’re going to want leftovers, trust me!
Here’s how we’ll make the Spicy Peach BBQ Chicken:
- Simmer all ingredients for the BBQ sauce (minus the peach preserves) together on the stove.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper + heat your grill/grill pan.
- Finish the sauce while the chicken starts to grill.
- Baste the chicken breasts, cook for two minutes + flip, baste + cook for two more minutes!
There is no limit what you can put this peach BBQ sauce on! Think of it as a slightly sweeter, slightly spicer version of the original — you can put it on ribs, pork, dip chicken fingers into it… you name it!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Spicy Peach BBQ Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- olive oil
- 1 tsp salt + pepper, each
peach BBQ sauce
- 2 yellow peaches, peeled and chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Mike's Hot Honey , or regular honey + 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup peach or apricot preserves
- Begin sauce by heating 1 tbs. olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. When warm, add diced onions and diced peaches. Cook for a few minutes to soften before adding all sauce ingredients *except* the preserves. Bring to a low boil and let cook down to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep chicken breasts by trimming fat and seasoning with a little olive oil, salt and pepper on each (both sides).
- Once sauce has reduced and thickened, use a potato masher to smoosh peaches. Turn heat off, stir in preserves and taste for seasoning.
- Heat grill to 425 degrees or grill pan to medium high heat and grease with cooking spray. Cook chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side.
- After chicken has cooked for 5 minutes each side, glaze with BBQ sauce. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip over, glaze opposite sides and cook another 2 minutes.
- When chicken has finished cooking, remove from heat and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce!