Chopped kale tossed with a skinny 3 ingredient ranch dressing and topped with rotisserie chicken, crispy baked chickpeas and avocado slices make for one tasty, hearty salad!
Well folks, we made it to Election Day.
If only this meant the actual end of Election season!!! What a relief that would be.
Before you start scoffing, I am 100% a true patriotic, American-obsessed lover of liberty and freedom. My ears are just bleeding from all politics, all the time. So I’m ready for a new wave of news to say the least!!
No matter which side of the spectrum you may lean, you are probably diving into some comfort food tonight. Maybe the comfort food is a big ole fruit salad. A big glass of fruit salad. Ok maybe its wine! That’s okay.
Regardless of what you’re getting into tonight, I highly recommend that you ease into this next news cycle with a meal that combines comfort and *health*… this ranch kale salad!
This recipe is so easy and requires only one step of cooking: the chickpeas! You’ll toss the beans in olive oil and steak seasoning and bake them for 15-20 minutes while you assemble everything else. Easy peasy and JUST what we need for our new chapter.
In this salad, we’ve got rotisserie chicken, crunchy, seasoned chickpeas, creamy avocado, chopped kale and RANCH. Skinny ranch that is. Just a packet of ranch seasoning, greek yogurt and a little almond milk to thin and voila! Skinny, only seemingly-sinful ranch.
Here’s how you’ll make the Chicken and Chickpea Ranch Kale Salad:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss chickpeas in olive oil and your favorite all purpose or steak seasoning.
- Bake chickpeas for 15-20 minutes, shaking the pan once to toss.
- Meanwhile, mix ingredients for skinny ranch. Place in refrigerator.
- Shred chicken, chop kale and slice avocados.
- Toss kale leaves with 1/2 of ranch dressing. Top leaves with chicken, avocado and chickpeas.
- Drizzle on more ranch!
Creamy, crunchy, seasoned and YUM! Just what the doctor ordered. I hope you enjoy and God Bless America!
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Chicken and Chickpea Ranch Kale Salad
- 3 cups chopped kale leaves ribs removed
- 1 large rotisserie chicken breast shredded
- 1 can chickpeas aka garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. all purpose or steak seasoning
- 1 avocado sliced thinly
skinny ranch dressing
- 1 packet Hidden Valley ranch dressing/dip seasoning
- 1 6-oz. cup 2% greek yogurt
- 2-4 tbsp. plain almond milk to thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, place rinsed chickpeas. Drizzle in olive oil and toss before adding in seasoning. Toss again to coat well.
- Arrange chickpeas on a sheet pan lined with foil. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until crunchy, shaking the pan once to mix.
- Stir together ingredients for skinny ranch dressing and set into refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, chop kale leaves, discarding thick ribs. Shred rotisserie chicken. Slice avocado.
- Add kale leaves to salad bowl. Drizzle in half of the ranch dressing, using tongs or hands to massage leaves. Arrange shredded chicken, crunchy chickpeas and avocado slices onto kale. Drizzle on more ranch before serving!