with Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
Chopped romaine, spinach and naturally gluten free quinoa serve as the base to this Greek-inspired salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, artichoke hearts, shallots and pita chips! Everything is tossed in a creamy vegan green goddess dressing that packs a punch of flavor.
I love a chopped salad and this Mediterranean flavored is no exception! When every ingredient is chopped up nicely, you get to experience more flavor with every stab of your fork.
I also believe the key to a life-changingly good salad is TEXTURE. It has got to have crunch and flavor in many different forms so that your tastebuds are excited! This salad gets its crunch from crisp romaine lettuce and the salted pita chips nestled into each bite.
Here’s what you’ll need to make my Mediterranean Chopped Salad:
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- English cucumber
- Artichoke hearts
- Garbanzo beans
- Gluten free pita chips
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing (see below)
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
Now let’s talk a little about this dressing! Traditional green goddess dressings usually start with a base of mayonnaise and combines lots of herbs to create a creamy, green, slightly tangy dressing great for hearty lettuces.
Our version is vegan — using tahini as our base in lieu of mayo — and is flavored with one of my favorite vegan staples: nutritional yeast! This ingredient gives our dressing a slightly parmesan cheesiness that is not to be missed.
If you are unconcerned with keeping the dressing vegan, feel free to substitute real parmesan cheese instead.
Here’s what you’ll need for the Vegan Green Goddess Dressing:
- Tahini (sesame paste)
- Lemon juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive oil
- Nutritional yeast
- Kosher salt
The salad and dressing couldn’t be easier to make: you’ll chop everything up for the salad and place into a big serving bowl, then blend all ingredients for the dressing in a blender. Pour the dressing over top and you’re ready to serve!
I hope you love this recipe! Keep in mind the dressing recipe makes enough for two large entree salads, so if you’d like any dressing leftover consider doubling the recipe.
Thank you for being an amazing reader of The Savvy Spoon! If you make this recipe and love it, I would so appreciate you rating it below and/or leaving a comment! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes, workouts and lifestyle content!
Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup chopped romaine hearts
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa see notes
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 shallot sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup gluten free pita chips crunched
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 tbsp. tahini aka sesame paste
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- Start by chopping all ingredients for the salad and combining them into a large serving bowl.
- In a blender, add all ingredients for the green goddess dressing, then blend on low speed gradually increasing to high speed until nice and smooth. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss well. Serve topped with more pita chips and enjoy!